Prescription Drug Awareness
- Visited 103 Pharmacies, 78 Health Care Offices, 5 churches, and 15 Senior facilities to share RX Drug misuse dangers and proper storage/disposal information and encourage them to include distribution of this material broadly to their customers/clients/patients.
- LSOYTF plans to continue and expand our prescription drug awareness campaign, including:
- Continue visits to health care providers in Livonia and surrounding areas.
- Create easy methods for information distribution by health care providers and pharmacies, such as magnets, brochure holders, that we can provide to them.
- Create and implement training for health care providers and/or pharmacists and prescription drug misuse, the extent of the problem, and their role in preventing it.
- Including information for doctors on using MAPS prescription monitoring system, and encouraging them to use this system.