Come Join Us
Addiction: What you need to know and what you can do (Virtual on Zoom)
Date(s) - 09/15/2020
7:00pm - 8:00pm
Starting in September
VIRTUAL on Zoom
First three Tuesdays of each month
Log on Zoom
Meeting ID: 990 7257 6815
Join by Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 990 7257 6815#
What you need to know and what you can do
A FREE education series designed to provide information about addiction, prevention, treatment and recovery
Are you coping with one or more of these issues?
- Could my drinking/drug use be an addiction; how do I ask for help?
- Is my loved one an addict; what do I need to know to help?
- Is addiction is disrupting our family, how do I take my life back?
- Am I in trouble at school or home because of my substance use?
No registration necessary – Attend one session, two or all three
Certificate of attendance available
Students always welcome – Plan a school project
- Understanding addiction
- Impact of addiction on families
- What prevents people from seeking help
- Current substance abuse trends in our community
- Underage drinking and drug use
- Making informed decisions on health and well-being
- Creating mindfulness to support recovery
- Suicide prevention
- Substance abuse and mental health disorders
- Grief and loss in addiction and recovery
- Relapse prevention
Resources available for treatment