Come Join Us
Addiction: What you need to know and what you can do (Virtual on Zoom)
Date(s) - 11/03/2020
7:00pm - 8:00pm
This program is for anyone impacted by an addiction:Parents with adolescent, high school, young adult or older adult children, teenagers, college students, grandparents, educators, health mental health professionals, law enforcement, business community and civic groups
Starting in September
VIRTUAL on Zoom
First three Tuesdays of each month
Log on Zoom
Meeting ID: 990 7257 6815
Join by Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 990 7257 6815#
What you need to know and what you can do
A FREE education series designed to provide information about addiction, prevention, treatment and recovery
Are you coping with one or more of these issues?
- Could my drinking/drug use be an addiction; how do I ask for help?
- Is my loved one an addict; what do I need to know to help?
- Is addiction is disrupting our family, how do I take my life back?
- Am I in trouble at school or home because of my substance use?
No registration necessary – Attend one session, two or all three
Certificate of attendance available
Students always welcome – Plan a school project
- Understanding addiction
- Impact of addiction on families
- What prevents people from seeking help
- Current substance abuse trends in our community
- Underage drinking and drug use
- Making informed decisions on health and well-being
- Creating mindfulness to support recovery
- Suicide prevention
- Substance abuse and mental health disorders
- Grief and loss in addiction and recovery
- Relapse prevention
Resources available for treatment