Come Join Us
LSOY Monthly General Meetings (Zoom)
Date(s) - 06/02/2021
10:00am - 11:00am
What is Livonia Save Our Youth?
Livonia Save Our Youth is a coalition that exists to educate and empower the community regarding the health and safety of our young people with a focus on alcohol and other drugs.
Who is in LSOY?
The coalition includes parents, students, educators, health and mental health care professionals, law enforcement, elected officials, substance use disorder professionals, business community, civic groups, neighboring coalitions and other prevention, treatment and recovery groups and organizations.
What does LSOY do?
- Partner broadly with community members and groups to prevent substance abuse and bring awareness of current drug trends
- Coordinate community forum – Addiction: What you need to know and what you can do
- Sponsor Run 2 Save Our Youth, 5k Run/Walk & Family Fun Fest to raise awareness and funds
- Conduct Virtual Narcan Training for businesses or community members
- Host a Virtual General Meeting each month open to the public and coalition partners
- Partner with local high school SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) to collaborate on prevention activities and events
- Provide information and resources regarding the prevention, treatment and recovery of substance use disorder, mental health, and other co-occurring issues
- Conduct vendor education to local tobacco retailers about underage sales laws
What can you do?
Almost everyone is concerned about alcohol and drug use by teens and young adults, but don’t know what to do. LSOY offers community members an opportunity to help keep Livonia safe and a great place to live and raise a family. Here’s how:
- Volunteer for an ongoing committee or one-time project
- Make a financial gift to support our work
- Share this information with someone who needs it!
Monthly Zoom meetings are open to the community
First Wednesday of the month 10:00-11:00 a.m.
2021 Meeting Dates
January 6, February 3, March 3, April 7, May 5, June 2
Join Zoom Meeting – https://zoom.us/j/94444658001
Call in 312 626- 6799 – Meeting ID: 94444658001#
Livonia Save Our Youth Coalition * 33000 Civic Center Drive * Livonia, MI 48154
Partially funded by Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network