August 2020 Meeting Minutes
Livonia Save Our Youth
General Meeting Minutes
August 5, 2020, 10:00- 11:00 am
Staff: Karen Bonanno, Nicole Danish
Motion to approve June general meeting minutes from Steve Boyak, Rich Issacson-2nd– Approval Unanimous
- Report from Karen Bonanno: The Request for Funding was submitted to Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network on June 30th. The funding request is for years 2020-2021. Livonia Save Our Youth’s site visit will be completed via curb side pick up on August 10th.
- Livonia Save Our Youth has been actively working to improve our website and coding has begun.
- Synar vendor education compliance checks were completed as of June 30th by Nicole. Nicole visited and/or called thirty vendors in the city of Livonia to complete a compliance check to assure vendors are doing their part in keeping minors in the community safe. Minor decoy and police retail checks will be completed by Synar regional supervisor.
- Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network has a 24/7 helpline for mental health and substance use disorder treatment that can be utilized by anyone in need of help, 800 241-4949.
- The coalition is presently striving towards launching an active Youtube prevention series. The first video will be posted this month focusing on how to safely dispose of prescription medication, presented by Karen. The second video will be presented by Nicole focusing on the teen vaping cessation.
- The coalition is currently working on creating a tri-fold card that will consist of a plethora of resources and hotlines to assist with mental health disorders, domestic violence, sexual assault, substance abuse, alcoholism and many other topics. The trifold will be distributed to hair salons among the community in hopes of reaching out to those in need.
- The addiction series will be starting on September 1 on Zoom