December 2014 Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Nancy Radzwion, Sue Nicholas, Caryn Epps, Dan McCully, Jerry Kwas, Bob Douville, Diane Montes, John Tait, Meg and Tom Venn, Karen Bonanno, Mary Olex
Read and approved the minutes
- Update on LSOY job opening. Two candidates with certification were found through Indeed a Michigan non-profit Monster. We are going to post on some other sites. Karen may be able to get provisional certification.
- Blessings in a Backpack starting in January at one school. They raised $10,000 a bowling fundraiser.
- Ford Foundation – We received a $1,000 through the City of Livonia. Mayor talked about LSOY at City Council Meeting where money was presented.
- CHS Distracted Driving Assembly – The coalition approved a $1,000 donation to help support this.
- High School Updates- The Ladywood group went a Kiwanis meeting. They are a very active group looking to work with younger children.
- Webpage is continuing to update. It is now a law that parents can commit their adult child when necessary. May want to make a link on this on our website.
- Mary Community Health Needs Assessment Results – Karen will attend this in January.
- Burning Issues Conference – Karen attended this, but didn’t get much out of it.
- Run 2 Save Our Youth will probably be held on City Hall property.
- MADD Tie one on for Safety – Will be held Thursday December 4. LSOY has been asked to have a table at this. We were given a flyer with additional information.
- Wild Game Dinner – LSOY has been asked to have a table at this. It is on Friday, January 23rd.
- Campaign for Tobacco – Free Kids –There is an on-line campaign on this. We were given a flyer with additional details.
- Diane related that Grieving Families are still meeting. There are 3 new families coming next week.
- Karen saw a flyer on the drug drop box in her doctor’s office.
- National Drugs Facts week is the last week of January.
- Dan is going back on patrol and will no longer be our rep. Al Clemens will be his replacement as of 2-1-15.
Next Meeting is Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:00 to 8:00 PM