Engage in Our Speaker Series
Schedule Your Speaker
If your civic, church, school group, or organization is interested in obtaining a free speaker on a wide range of topics concerning drug or alcohol prevention please call 734-338-9580 and leave a message or e-mail us for more information.
What are the Topics?
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to the Livonia Save Our Youth Coalition
- Substance Abuse Prevention: What You Can Do
- Addition 101
- Teens, Teams, and Alcohol and Drug Issues
- Underage Drinking
- Teens and Prescription Drugs
- Addiction is a Disease
- Youth, Alcohol, and Drugs
- Brian’s Story: A Family Tragedy
- Prepared Parents: Raising Anti-Drug Teens
- Marijuana: Know the Risks and Consequences
- Your Child and the Law
- Voices of Youth and Recovery
Who Are the Speakers?
Presentations are given by Coalition members and/or associates and include:
- Prevention Specialists
- Social Workers
- Youth Ministers
- Other Health Professionals
Professionals are represented from St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Dawn Farms, Hegira Programs, local educators, and law enforcement. This is not an exclusive list of available topics and speakers. We can offer to tailor topics to a group’s request.