Our Grassroots Run Deep
Who We Are
Livonia Save Our Youth is a coalition with a mission to educate and empower the community regarding the health and safety of our young people with a focus on alcohol and other drugs. The coalition includes parents, teens, educators, health care workers, law enforcement, the faith community, and substance abuse professionals. All interested community members are welcome to join us.
What Do We Do?
- Partner broadly with community members and groups to prevent substance abuse and bring awareness of drug issues to the community
- Print and distribute resource guides for families affected by drug and/or alcohol use
- In partnership with high school S.A.D.D. groups, sponsor drug-free activities for Livonia teens, such as homecoming tailgates, assemblies, and more
- Coordinate a Speakers Bureau of professionals, people in recovery, and other volunteers who speak to school, civic, and other community groups
- Annual Run 2 Save Our Youth run and family expo event to raise awareness and funds
- Educate tobacco retailers about underage sales laws
- Awareness campaign about Prescription Drug misuse dangers, and proper storage and disposal
- Coordinating a community-wide Student Summit to engage youth and adult leadership together in conversation about issues facing teens and solutions to their concerns